One of the best things about a keto diet is that is doesn’t require you to ignore your sweet tooth. If you have been eating desserts your whole life, you will more likely than not be mentally triggered to eat something sweet after dinner even when you are on a diet.
However, when you enter a state of ketosis you will find that your craving for sugar will diminish significantly. You don’t have to stick to eating fruits for sweetness as there are plenty of awesome keto recipes that are super easy to make. What’s more, you can find substitute keto recipes for your favorite desserts that won’t knock you out of ketosis.
No-bake keto recipes are perfect for times when you don’t have the time or patience to prepare baked desserts.
When the goal is to cut down on carbs and eliminate sugar from your diet you may be wondering how desserts which involve sugar fit into a keto diet? Thanks to a wide variety of keto-friendly ingredients such as alternative sweeteners, dark chocolate, nut flours, and, of course, lots of butter, you can enjoy a fudge brownie or a slice of cake that tastes just the same as any other sweet food.
To survive on a ketogenic diet you will need a good index of keto fat bombs that not only taste great but help you reach your daily fat macros – which is very important on a keto diet. Keto friendly deserts can also serve as Fat Bombs which make this diet deliciously sustainable.
Pina Colada Fat Bomb Recipe
Enjoy the sweetness of wonderful summer fruit flavors without the need for alcohol or sugar. As pineapple is not really keto friendly, this recipe uses pineapple essence and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple essence
- 3 Tablespoons Erythritol
- 2 Tablespoons gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 Teaspoon Rum essence
- In a heatproof jug dissolve the gelatin and Erythritol in boiling water
- Stir in the pineapple essence and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Add coconut cream and rum extract and stir for 2 minutes
- Pour into silicone molds and allow to set for one hour or more, depending on the size of the mold
- Remove from the mold and refrigerate before serving.
By using your imagination and flavor preferences, you can swap out ingredients in these recipes to provide you with endless possibilities for easy keto desserts. Here are some ideas for low carb, easy keto desserts to get you going.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Fat Bomb
This unlikely combination of ingredients prove to be quite delicious and is best made the day before to allow the flavors to combine.
- 1 cup of all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 40 drops (1/4 tsp) liquid Stevia
- Sea Salt to taste for topping
- Spray either mini cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray or use molds or mini cupcake liners
- Melt the coconut oil on the stove or in the microwave and add the peanut butter
- Mix in cacao powder and stevia.
- Spoon into cupcake tin or liners
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Freeze for one – two hours
These are just two delicious fat bomb recipes. You can replace the ingredients to make many more combinations and flavors. Experiment to find what you like best. Having delicious snacks like this makes this diet easy to stick to. Dieting never tasted so good!