When embarking on a keto diet there are three major requirements that must be met:
1. The ingredients used must be high in fat
2. Low in carbohydrates
3. Taste delicious
When wading through all the recipes to find which ones to try, it is important to check the source of the fats used and to choose those that are less inflammatory. For example, choose avocado, coconut, and olive oils instead of vegetable oils and look for nutrient-rich ingredients like nuts and seeds.
With that in mind, here are some easy keto recipes for meals that you can try:
Italian Style Chicken Parmesan
If you think that eating Italian means pizza and pasta, think again. Made in one pan with simple ingredients and a low-carb bread crust, this is the best keto Italian chicken recipe ever. Make your own marinara sauce or buy it. Just remember to check the labels to ensure there are no artificial ingredients or sugar in it.
- Coat the chicken in whey protein powder, then dip it into an egg, and then into a mixture of breadcrumbs, finely grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt
- Fry in olive oil until slightly browned on both sides
- Top each chicken breast with 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce and 3 tablespoons of grated mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 450F in the oven for about 15 minutes
- Garnish with basil and serve with a large green salad
Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce
Serve this easy sauce over pasta or swap it for roasted spaghetti squash or butternut squash noodles.
- Use butter and olive oil to brown the 2 lbs. grass fed ground beef.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups onions, 1/2 cup celery, and 1/2 cup carrots and braise until soft
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add large can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz) and a few bay leaves. If you want, you can add a half cup of wine and reduce it for 3 – 4 minutes before adding the tomatoes.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool down before transferring to a serving dish.
- Stir in a ½ cup of half and half and garnish with chopped parsley.
Served with a sandwich for lunch or as a main meal with low carb tortillas and a side salad this is the perfect keto dish. Just add a generous splash of double cream to make this low-carb, gluten-free recipe fat loaded and highly nutritious. You can use store bought pumpkin puree or make your own.
- Bring a 15oz can of pumpkin puree and 4 cups of chicken broth to the boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Simmer for about ten minutes before removing from the heat and adding the heavy cream.
- Garnish with sour cream, parsley, and roasted pepitas.
Baked Fish with Lemon Butter
This dish is one of the easy keto recipes to try that takes just 15 minutes to prepare once assembled. Serve it with cauliflower mash and broccolini or asparagus sautéed in butter. Use a mild, white fish and topped with lemon butter sauce.
- Pat the fish dry, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and lemon rind, and bake in a 450F oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Finely grate the rind of one lemon.
- Cut the flesh of half a lemon into small pieces.
- Melt the butter until hot and add the lemon rind, segments, and some garlic powder.
- Stir and saute for about one minute. Serve as a topping on the fish.
Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Cheese
A low-carb casserole with sausage, cheese, and eggs is the perfect keto dish for breakfast. It can easily be customized by adding fresh vegetables such as zucchini, kale, or spinach.
When you blend the five basic building blocks of any healthy breakfast like eggs, meat, dairy, cheese, and vegetables into a casserole, you get a low-carb, high fat meal that is perfectly suited to a keto diet.
Whipping the eggs with heavy cream makes this dish totally keto friendly.