It’s that time a of year again! Holiday season! We all know that staying on track and focused on our keto goals can slip away from us during the holidays! Over the couple months we will be posting holiday inspired keto meals, sides, desserts! Starting with this delicious keto gravy. Savory and the perfect gravy for turkey, mashed potatoes or whatever else you put gravy on!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup turkey pan drippings
- 2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- Heat a medium skillet at medium heat, melt butter.
- Add pan drippings slowly and then the broth, whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, add Worcestershire and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- First make a slurry of the gum with a little olive oil or other fat.
- Add xanthan gum mixture and whisk till completely mixed.
- Let simmer 5 to 10 minutes until starting to thicken. Gravy will thicken more as it cools.
- If gravy is too thick, thin with broth as necessary. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Cholesterol 27.87 mg||9.3%|
|Protein 5.12 g|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.